Thursday, May 26, 2011

Poetry

I won't say I'm a poet, but I enjoy writing and every now and again, my emotions tell my mind and fingers to write a little something...  This is an oldie and a thought provokie... Me in one of my rawest female states:




Empty

Shivering from the cold…
Old, stiff surroundings
Slight cramp begins to dance up my left thigh
Finding its destination in the middle of my back
This discomfort, outweighing the pain
A sneaky tear wells, dropping from the corner of my left eye
And I begin to realize that I’ll never rub your back
Or rub the tear from your eye
The nurse arrives, just to check to make sure I’m okay
I smile, that smile I’ve smiled so many times
One that assures her that I’m okay
Yet inside, I understand how I’m lying to myself
I feel more wetness between my thighs
Now a sharp cramp
As the tears begin to run swiftly
From both eyes, destination, my cheeks
I attempt to hug myself and close my eyes, slowly and tightly.
Deep in wonder on why I’m losing something
I’ve yearned for
For so very long
I wonder if you would have made it
Would you have looked like me?
Smiled like me?
I planned to do so much not only
With you but for you
I slowly open my eyes, wiping the many tears
And smile
Again, lying to myself
I’ll be okay
Maybe, it wasn’t meant to be
Still, as the pain subsides and I try to find comfort in the discomfort
And I continue to feel the wetness between my thighs
Feeling you slowly slip from me
Dripping and gliding into this white container
I can’t help but ask
Why me?
2004 Copyright FMAddison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings Getoflower philosofe!

Getoflower philosofe       https://www.google.com/search?q=getoflower.philosofe@blogger.com