Friday, May 27, 2011

Going Hatshepsut...

I'm in transition.  I'm good at what I do.  Is it my heart's desire? eh, maybe not, but it pays the bills - and yes I do find some enjoyment out of it.


Yet, I'm constantly overlooked.  A bone is thrown here and there, but nothing that makes me feel I'm truly appreciated and acknowledged for what I do.  I don't know, maybe it's that cocky Aries in me, but dammit - I don't need someone "telling" me all the time, sometimes you need to be shown.  That's like someone that tells you they love you over and over again, but no where, no place do they actually show it.  Plus saying the world love is so simple today, people love everything and it has cheapened the meaning in my humble opinion.


So usually when I feel this way, I either read proverbs or something from one of my Heroes or Sheroes to keep me going, offering me a different view or to offer patience and I have a lot of Heroes and Sheroes. That could be Malcolm X, John Henrik Clarke, Nikki Giovanni, or Maya Angelou.  This time however, I happened to hear Egypt (KMT) on television this morning and since I've always been into Khemetology, I figured I'd zero in on one of my favorite Pharaoh's - Hatshepsut.


To those that do not know who She was (yes She), She was the first female Pharaoh, she took what she wanted.  Not to be greedy or to be a bitch - she did it because she knew it was her calling, her birthright and that she knew she would be good at it.  She had a successful reign, one of the most successful reigns of Khemet. She raised her daughter while raising a nation.  


Now do I equate myself to Hatshepsut? Of course not, yet I've always felt a kinship with this particular Pharaoh.  When you know something about yourself that others cannot seem to see, sometimes you have to show them, put it dead in their faces.  When they view it and finally get it, the world can be a better place, because that has always been your goal, to make things better.  So that's what I'm going to start referring to as Going Hatshepsut. The haters will have their time when I'm dead and gone - the same way they did after she died.  The didn't consider defacing anything with her likeness while she reigned (most punks don't) - so they waited until she was gone.  I can live with that.  Time to step it up and Go Hatshepsut on that ass...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings Getoflower philosofe!

Getoflower philosofe       https://www.google.com/search?q=getoflower.philosofe@blogger.com