Sunday, July 17, 2011

New Job - New Beginnings - New Me?

At the beginning of this year I promised myself I would stop being the one that always compromise and that one of two things would happen with my former job of 14 years.  Either they give me what I deserve or I had to leave.

This was a hard decision to come by, first - I'm attached to my co-workers.  They are my extended family and I always worried about what would happen to them if I left as I was very protective of my staff - but I was going crazy.  To the point of seeing a therapist, discussing depression and how unhappy I was at my job.  I knew they could give me what I wanted, but just didn't want to; and if they couldn't give me what I wanted after 14 years when I knew I deserved it, I refused to let another full year go by with me in the same unhappy position.

So tomorrow - I start a new job.  More responsibility.  Not necessarily what I envisioned my new position to be, but it is a step up and has new possibilities.  I plan on walking in there a new me.  Not internalizing everything.  Do my job and do it well.  Do not let things build up - tell them how I feel straight out and not wait on them to recognize the wonderful job that I'm doing, but point it out periodically explaining that I am not there to sit and stay in the same place - I want advancement, I want achievement.

Is this industry my hearts desire?  No but I'm good at it, but this time I'm going to make sure that I make the time for the things that are my hearts desire.  Learning more (possibly going back to school), writing freely, taking time for me.  Last job swallowed me and I allowed it to happen.  This time I'm doing it my way.

This time...

I'm doing it MY way...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings Getoflower philosofe!

Getoflower philosofe       https://www.google.com/search?q=getoflower.philosofe@blogger.com