Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Antenna with Aluminum Foil... Reception VOID!


After 14 years of locing my hair I decided to get the scissors and be done with it.  I've always viewed my locs as a form of antennae and have come to the conclusion that the reception is no longer clear.

These locs have been with me through the ups and downs; highs and lows.  I believe they carry the weight of my strength and pain. Yet sometimes it is quite alright to let go - and that is just what I've done.

When I first began to loc, I was natural for about 3 months prior to doing so.  My greatest regret is that I felt I loc'd too soon.  That I should have enjoyed my natural hair with different styles prior to taking that leap into locs.  However I wanted locs and had talked about having them at least 10 years prior to taking the leap, so the locs beat out me experiencing dealing with my natural hair.  Well now I'm dealing with it, lol.

I wash it every other day and moisturize, moisturize and moisturize.  I still want to cut more of it off, because approximately an inch of it is damaged from the weight of the locs and coloring.  I'm almost a full month out of the locs and I really enjoy my hair.  I sleep much better the weight and length of the locs do not have to be considered when sleeping.  And I can't wait to start swimming on a regular again - with locs, it can be a task, at least it was for me.

Will I loc again?  Of COURSE! I loved them.  My soul will let me know when it is time to do so.  Right now the my hair wants no constraints - it just wants to be free.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings Getoflower philosofe!

Getoflower philosofe       https://www.google.com/search?q=getoflower.philosofe@blogger.com